The museum seeks to support and develop its employees in their profession, valuing creativity and enthusiasm in staff.
- 5- 10 years of working experience on a responsible position such as (Curator Associate/ Assistant Curator) in any museum and cultural institution come under govt. / semi- govt., autonomous/ private organization.
- Masterís degree in Art-history/Indian History or Ancient Indian History, Culture and Archaeology or Ancient Indian History and Epigraphy or Sanskrit or Pali or Prakrit or Persian or Arabic or Archaeology or Anthropology from a recognized University.
- Degree or diploma in Museology mandatory.
- Well versed in English and Hindi (knowledge of other languages will be an asset).
- Knowledge of File maker pro ( for museum cataloging) .
Primary duties and responsibilities of Curator:-
- Working with the Director and other Curatorial team, devise and execute departmental collection and research strategies.
- Initiate and organize collection displays, special exhibitions storage data collection.
- Act as key author and essayist for major exhibition catalogues and other specialized publications, including online content.
- Answer correspondence relating to the Collection; assist the public and visiting scholars.
- Contribute to public programs (learning, volunteers, etc.).
- Foster and maintain excellent working relationships with donors, patrons, collectors, colleagues from other international institutions, the scholarly community, dealers, and other individuals involved with the interests of the Museum.
- Interact with potential sponsors and assist in fundraising as appropriate.
- Advise on program planning for Modern and Contemporary patronsí groups and Visiting Committee.